Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Something Unsaid

Maki, Weng... I won't try to convince you to forgive one another, that's a choice you have to make for yourselves, however, let me share a part of my being here and now... I'm an Ogilvian stranded in Katipunan with no one really to talk to when I go back to the dormitory at night. While Mike, Marlon and Danielle live independently, they all belong to a community of dormers and are doing fine. Mike is enjoying his course and his dorm mates' company. Marlon and Danielle have other XUHS' alumni for company. Chieney and Cathie live together and they enjoy each other's company. Jerel has his family with him. Me, I'm just alone with a MS Physics student who does not talk to me, as a roommate, 2 Culinary Arts Students who go home to Pampanga every weekend and a Vietnamese landlady who leaves every week for China or Vietnam. Last May, the class had an outing that I really wanted to join but could not because of my summer classes. I guess when the crowd makes a decision, the individual no longer matters. College students need a break sometimes and they want to spend it with high school friends. I wanted so much to go home for even just that outing but I could not... you don't always get what you wish for. While Weng was here, he would visit Chieney and Cathie often and the three of them had fun together. He would sleep overnight at their dorm and they were happy, all three of them, with each other. Maki, you've been close with all the Ogilvians, you get along with us, you see most of the Ogilvians often and you get to enjoy life with these special people every single day of your life. Weng, now that you're back in CDO, you can live life with new memories with people that really matter in life. You guys just don't know how good you've got it. You have the best things in life and you get to enjoy them. How I wish I could trade places with you for even just a minute, an extra moment with the people that really matter. Life isn't about where you're going, how long you live and what you can and will become... it is about sharing in other people's lives and I don't get to do this with people I really, really love nowadays. You just don't know how much other people are willing to give to trade places with you.

No comments: